Things have been very busy for me over the past couple of weeks, thus the lack of activity online. This past weekend, I co-taught a Paddle Canada Level 1 kayaking course with my trusty teaching buddy, Sean. We had a great time, and I'm fairly certain that the students also had a good time. We had great weather for the types of conditions. The water on Lake Ontario was a little cold hovering at 12c (53f) so rescues needed to be quick and slick or else your hands numbed up in no time. Good lesson about remembering to dress for the water temperature rather then the air. As some of you know, my foot pump broke a while ago. The diaphragm rotted out and split. It was a modified Henderson Chimp pump. I took pump into the sailing shop to order a new diaphragm and discovered that the replacement cost was extraordinary high for that model. At the time, I decided that the best thing to do was to switch over to an electronic system. To summarize my experience with the electronic system that I built, it was a good less in designing and building something that really didn't work. Basically, it worked great when I didn't really need the pump. The second that I needed the pump in real life, I could be quite confident that it wouldn't work. I gave it a full season to sort out the bugs but to no avail. I then decided to rip the whole thing out. Since pulling out the electronic system, I did hear a few, "Told you so" comments, but that is OK. It was a good learning experience. I still believe that an electronic system could be built bombproof. I just didn't have the patience to do it. Here is a great commercial system that rocks... So, I'm back to the foot pump again. UPS just delivered to me a brand new Guzzler 450S. I'm kind of excited about getting it in. I should have it installed later this week. I will let you know how it goes.